Customers frequently ask us how to clean their jewelry, so today's post talks about a variety of ways to keep your jewelry sparkly!
Sterling silver reacts to differing ph levels of your personal body chemistry. You must take care not to expose your sterling or 14kt jewelry to chlorine, bleaching agents or chemicals. Your jewelry can always be cleaned with our polishing cloth, but if a deeper cleaning is needed use one of the methods below.
You can also bring in or send your jewelry to us for special ib love and have your piece look like new for $4.
1. Alka-Seltzer: Let tarnished silver sit for a couple of minutes in a glass of fizzing Alka-Seltzer.
2. Aluminum Foil: Line a small bowl with the foil, fill the bowl with hot water, and mix in 1 tbsp non-bleach powdered laundry detergent. Let silver soak for a just a minute. The chemical reaction with the foil will clean it.
3. Ammonia: Soak silver for 10 minutes in a solution of 1/2 cup ammonia and 1/2 cup warm water. Use an old toothbrush to scrub your pieces, then rinse with water.
4. Vinegar: Soak silver for 2-3 hours in a mixture of 4 cups white vinegar and 1 cup baking soda.
5. Ketchup: A silver ring or bracelet can be cleaned by dunking it in a small bowl of ketchup for a few minutes.
With each of these methods you can use an old toothbrush to get in the crevices, then rinse with water, and use your ib polishing cloth.
The Lavi Collection by ib designs, where we celebrate the essence of life itself. Inspired by the belief that life is a beautiful journey of creation, purpose, joy, love, and trust in the universe. Designed and handcrafted on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands to be worn alone or with your Crucian bracelet stack for the perfect feel good vibe.